Welcome to the Santa Barbara Channel Swimming Association!
- To advise and support people wishing to undertake a channel swim in the Channel Islands region of Southern California (excluding swims to/from Catalina Island and the mainland, and circumnavigations of Catalina).
- To observe such swims, in order to promote safety and verify the integrity of the swim.
- To gather and preserve historical data about such swims.
- To promote local and regional interest in marathon swimming.
- We are accepting applications for the 2013 swim season! Please see our newly updated forms and fees.
- The SBCSA recently undertook a major re-writing and clarification of its Swim Rules and Logistical Guidelines. If you're planning to swim with us in 2013, please familiarize yourself with these.
- If you are planning a swim in the northern Channel Islands region, Truth Aquatics, based in Santa Barbara Harbor, is now willing to escort channel swims. See the Support page for more info.
- Interesting in purchasing some SBCSA swag? Check out our brand-new CafePress store!